Korean, Japanese, Chinese,...

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Korean, Japanese, Chinese,...

Post  Thomas on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:56 pm

dude!, u know so much about vietnam, u should be a history teacher lol!

Yeah, I know that. A viet that doesn't know the meaning of Vietnam is...lol

Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:58 pm

I am asian but i don't have slanted eyes....i guess iam not a pure Asian...lol

Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:02 am

Lakersguy wrote:dude!, u know so much about vietnam, u should be a history teacher lol!

Yeah, I know that. A viet that doesn't know the meaning of Vietnam is...lol

Lake, I respect you, that's why I was saying this to the girls!! clown

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:07 pm

joseph wrote:
Lakersguy wrote:As u know, i grew up in Indonesia so my Vietnam's knowlegde is limited. Dont even ask me about Indonesia. I never learned the language. We lived on this island where we have Viet schools. Laughing

But Lakers, do you know that the Vietnamese people belong to the group Hmong-Kmer (also the Cambodgians, Laosian, etc), and that the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Mongols, and Eskimos belong to the group of mongols?

The genetic disease known as Trisomy 21 (also known as Down's syndrome or mongolism) is due to some racial discrimination of the past; because people with Down's syndrome have what we call epicantal folds, that is the same shape of Asian eyes. So, because of racism of the past, they call this disease mongolism to relate this to the shape of Asian eyes!

By the way, girls did you know that Vietnam in Vietnamese means North and south (Viet=North, and Nam=South), because at the beginning, Vietnam was divided between two big different ethnies, one from the North, and the second one from the South. So, when the country got unified, they called it Vietnam! Am I right, Lake?
Laughing

And unfortunately, we all heard about the Red Kmers: because it is derived from Hmong-Kmers

This is so interesting! I really didn't know~ Thanks for telling us Smile
I also didn't know that the Down syndrome was also called mongolism... how mean and stupid!~ But yeah, great info Smile

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 pm

I didnt know either...I knew someone who had down syndrome when i was a kid...i thought of him like my brother...even though he wasnt. He was older than me..but his mind was like that of someone much younger.

actually he was my foster mom's adopted son...

im like that...i dont care if you are not blood related... you dont have to be blood related to me to be part of my family. Smile in all honesty...much of my blood relations I cannot stand. but i do still love some of them...lol heh..i come from a broken, fixed up, messed up family background. Maybe thats why im so accepting of differences in ppl. I dont know...

Admin wrote:
joseph wrote:
Lakersguy wrote:As u know, i grew up in Indonesia so my Vietnam's knowlegde is limited. Dont even ask me about Indonesia. I never learned the language. We lived on this island where we have Viet schools. Laughing

But Lakers, do you know that the Vietnamese people belong to the group Hmong-Kmer (also the Cambodgians, Laosian, etc), and that the Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Mongols, and Eskimos belong to the group of mongols?

The genetic disease known as Trisomy 21 (also known as Down's syndrome or mongolism) is due to some racial discrimination of the past; because people with Down's syndrome have what we call epicantal folds, that is the same shape of Asian eyes. So, because of racism of the past, they call this disease mongolism to relate this to the shape of Asian eyes!

By the way, girls did you know that Vietnam in Vietnamese means North and south (Viet=North, and Nam=South), because at the beginning, Vietnam was divided between two big different ethnies, one from the North, and the second one from the South. So, when the country got unified, they called it Vietnam! Am I right, Lake?
Laughing

And unfortunately, we all heard about the Red Kmers: because it is derived from Hmong-Kmers

I also didn't know that the Down syndrome was also called mongolism... how mean and stupid!~ But yeah, great info Smile
mahe78

View user profile http://hey-ai.com

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 pm

Admin wrote:
joseph wrote:

Laughing

You're welcome Victoria! Cool To add some more stuffs about Down's syndrome: some technical medical terms:

The syndrome is due to a what we call a meiotic non-disjunction of the chromosome 21 (either in meiosis 1 or meiosis 2). To be simple, it is because of this non-division that we have an extra chromosome 21 (that's why we call it a trisomy 21). This non-disjunction problem increases with the maternal age (and the ovocytes become older, and therefore are more reluctant to divide abnormally). People with Down's syndrome are usually mentally retarded, and will all potentially develop Alzeimer's disease (pre-senile dementia) by the age of 40 (because some form of Alzheimer's disease have their origines from the chrm 21, and since people with Down's syndrome have three copies of chrm. 21, the risk is also increased),and also have an increased risk of acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) = they all fall down. They have many problems related to the disease (like Hirschprung's disease), but I will stop here, he he bom

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:40 pm

Thanks Joseph, your the "The more your know" guy, lol!! I even starting to like more WAM ((Western Asian Men)) How is men in Feni, Bangladesh. LOL!!
katdgrant

View user profile http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626876671

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:38 pm

Yeah it's like Joseph said... Vietnam doesn't have a lot of media coverage... Online we got a lot of Korean, Japanese and Chinese dramas or music... There is some Thai as well, but few people are into it... And you can't learn something that you're not passionate about... I started looking more into Korean/Japanese culture after I fell in love with their music and movies... With Vietnam is a little different... Well it's a good thing that you are here Smile You can tell us more about it Smile I'll be happy to learn more Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas on Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Yah, thanks dude. U know a lot more about Vietnam than me. Laughing

Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:30 am

katdgrant wrote:Thanks Joseph, your the "The more your know" guy, lol!! I even starting to like more WAM ((Western Asian Men)) How is men in Feni, Bangladesh. LOL!!

Honestly, I could write lines and lines about men and people from Bangladesh (formerly known as East Pakistan, just after the Indian independence; and Pakistan was formerly known as West Pakistan) but I have already written too much for tonight, so maybe another day! Do you know that I was grown up among Indian muslims, in my country of origin? So, Bangladeshi people are about the same as the Indian muslims, and I know many words of their language (Bengali or some speak Urdu which is a mixture of Hindi, and Persian), customs, and traditions! I'm really a phenomenon hahaha! Twisted Evil

Kat ask him about Tandoori chicken (marinated baked red colored chicken in an oven called Tandoor), ask him about Biryani (a rice with chicken or beef), about Latdou (a cake), what cha cha (uncle) means, mamou (also uncle but on the mother side), nani (grandma), khaloo (also uncle), phaisa (money), etc! Laughing

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:28 pm

Oh I know a bit about India ((my first thing I feel in love with)). I love the food and cook Indian food. I am chatting with him now. You are phenomenal!! Do you know about how they treat women lol!!
joseph wrote:Honestly, I could write lines and lines about men and people from Bangladesh (formerly known as East Pakistan, just after the Indian independence; and Pakistan was formerly known as West Pakistan) but I have already written too much for tonight, so maybe another day! Do you know that I was grown up among Indian muslims, in my country of origin? So, Bangladeshi people are about the same as the Indian muslims, and I know many words of their language (Bengali or some speak Urdu which is a mixture of Hindi, and Persian), customs, and traditions! I'm really a phenomenon hahaha! Twisted Evil

Kat ask him about Tandoori chicken (marinated baked red colored chicken in an oven called Tandoor), ask him about Biryani (a rice with chicken or beef), about Latdou (a cake), what cha cha (uncle) means, mamou (also uncle but on the mother side), nani (grandma), khaloo (also uncle), phaisa (money), etc! Laughing
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Well kat, your question is a bit difficult to answer. But I will try to be as honest as possible, okay?

In general, people from Bangladesh are okay. But the main problem that you are going to have will concern the difference of religion.

You will have many case of figures of how he will consider religion with you; I think that in his case, he is a muslim.

1. So, either he doesn't care about his religion (very rare situation), and there will be no problem at all. But generally, he will have to face the pressure of his family or his community, and to some extent, both of you will meet problems concerning religions. Also, the habits of eating might change (regarding pork, halal foods, etc. that all depends.

2. Either he is religious and doesn't bother that you are muslim or not. This is another possibility. But in this case, there might also be a question of putting his religion between you and him (that is, God; Allah) is more important than you, and this might create some frictions between you and him. Also then will be the question of religions of the children.

3. Third case, he is religious, and ask you to become a muslim. Then, you will have to follow the Islamic rules, like wearing a veil, in some cases, or even like staying behind the curtains if there are some visitors coming at home. So, it depends on you to accept or not these possibilities.

Your question of how he will treat his wife is related to him, not if he is from Bangladesh or from other countries. But you have to know that in Muslim religion, men have the right to have up to 4 wives. I tell you this, because I have a friend whose sister was married to a Muslim from Malasia. Both of them are highly educated (I think that they are both attorneys). They met in England when they were studying. Then, they both returned back to Malasia (the wife is a Malasian Chinese). In Malasia, the husband decided to have some more wives (generally because he is an attorney, and therefore he has the money to 'feed' several wives). So, think well, Sweet Heart!

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:26 pm

I dont think he is too religous Smile Your so smart Smile

Thank you Kat! You make me blush every time! Embarassed
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas on Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:38 am

Jenna wrote:

Welcome Jenna! Very Happy

Is it just me or there's nothing in your post? lol

Thanks for joining. I hope you will like this forum. We're friendly people here. Thanks again Smile

Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:03 am

TDoubled:D wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Welcome Jenna! Very Happy

Is it just me or there's nothing in your post? lol

Thanks for joining. I hope you will like this forum. We're friendly people here. Thanks again Smile

Jenna wrote something, and she erased all. Don't be scared, Jenna! We are friends, here, as Lake is telling you!! cyclops

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:30 pm

I was wondering what was happening to posts... silent
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:37 pm

katdgrant wrote:I was wondering what was happening to posts... silent

Yes, she didn't erase. I am sorry I said that! It is a website problem! cyclops

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 pm

it's weird... why is it only happening to her...? i haven't been on in such a long time (it was my sister's birthday this weekend Smile ) i hope she'll be able to post...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Admin wrote:it's weird... why is it only happening to her...? i haven't been on in such a long time (it was my sister's birthday this weekend Smile ) i hope she'll be able to post...

Happy Birthday to your sister. : )

Yeah, it's wierd. Basketball

Thomas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:29 pm

TDoubled:D wrote:
Admin wrote:it's weird... why is it only happening to her...? i haven't been on in such a long time (it was my sister's birthday this weekend Smile ) i hope she'll be able to post...

Happy Birthday to your sister. : )

Yeah, it's wierd. Basketball

Hehehe thanks Smile

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:00 pm

katdgrant wrote:I dont think he is too religous Smile Your so smart Smile

LOL Just noticed your reply in my post, Wink Your cute!
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph on Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:16 pm

katdgrant wrote:

Embarassed

joseph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:35 pm

joseph wrote:
katdgrant wrote:

Embarassed
Hehe cute!!
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Which Asian Men do I perfer? Hmmm Okay and Why?

Post  1bigLiXufan on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Hi all you obviously more experienced ladies.

First I would like to add that I am a new member. Got link from Youtube. I came here because I recently accepted the fact that I have become very interested in or should I found myself seeing that (most of the men that I thought were attractive) are Asian.

Most recently they are half Korean and Caucasian and some that are full
blooded too. A friend on Youtube said that she noticed that I liked Keanu Reeves and that he is part Asian. Plus she told me to check out Daniel Henney and I about died. OMG He is so sweet! I love the person he is but also he is HOT! Then she sent me Dennis O'neil and He is gorgeous! Way too young for me (these guys) but tall dark and handsome for sure. Wasn't really getting the connetion to the Asian love thing, in me yet. Then one day at lunch I was showing my co-worker a picture on my cell phone of Daniel and she flipped. LOL! I also told her that I saw a magazine picture of some hot guys and she found one of Takeshi Kaneshiro. It was the GQ spead. I said "Never heard of him either" But I looked him up too and My gosh He is so cute. I got the movie Flying Daggers and fell for him now too. Then one day as I was gushing to my friends about these hotties...Well one of the girls said. They are all Asain or part Asian? I said well I guess I am sorta drawn to that, I guess.
So why fight it I say. I have also noticed that it was not only Koreans I had a
lot of fun reading some of the very interesting and honest replies
here. My goodness, Do the guys know you are telling all you most
intimate moments here. Wow! It was like reading romance novels. LOL!! I
don't read them at all but I have friends that do. I would rather make
my own fantasies instead of read about others. I don't like to watch
porn either. I know it is a turn on to many but it is not for me.

My Life growing up and Asians I grew up with:
It up actually in high school in the 70's but It was not accepted for a mostly Latin girl to date outside her race, just like it was not accepted for any other or the races interacially date. At 16 I took a Karate class. I made 4 male friends. 1 black guy that was made fun of for hanging with Chinese guys and 3 Chinese guys. I was not into dating or guys yet. Very shy and not sexually minded at all. I was a late bloomer of sorts. I loved hanging out with them. They were my sparing partners and we became good friends. I guess I sort of started to have a little crush on on of my friends a year or so of knowing him but he was dating one of my Chinese girlfriends. So I was a bit heartbroken in a way. Then I just buried my thoughts into my work from then on. I continued with martial arts fell in "love" with Bruce Lee. He was married but I had my second Asian crush then. Plus it didn't help that I got to sit by him and talk with him once. Ahhh It still makes me so sad to think he had to die, like he did. I miss him. Sure and I knew he was married and all but he was very so deep a person. Intelligence is very attractive to me. Men who are not thinkers and just do what the crowd does tend to be turn-off for me. So Then I did also notice that at the time all the better educated and focused men in my school were the Asian people in my Science club. I told my mother and she was not really sure what to think of me but I think she just would have accepted anyone for me as long as I would just get a date. LOL!! She thought I would never get married. This worried her more than what race I dated. Even my younger sister dated before me. I would have to note I was 5'1 and looked about 12 on a good day at age 19. Not really girlie either. I had big muscles, probably from working out 4 hours a day 6-7 days a week. I was a self chosen loner. Meaning I liked it that way. I had some friend but mostly was a workaholic. By 18 I had my own apartment and was happy being single. Oddly enough I ended up working for a Chinese Eye doctor in a Latin district. I took Spanish in high school to have a better chance to get work in California. And It worked. He was about 10 years older than I was and happily married with 2 little girls and a gorgeous Chinese wife. Ex model in fact in China. He had two younger brothers. But unlike his 5'8 frame they were very tall. 6'0 and 6'1. They came by to teach me how to make eyeglasses. They were optician students at the time and were spending the summer helping out big brother with his practice. Well lets just say that I enjoyed the lessons. Now nothing romantic happened but that was kinda on my mind as an option. If they would have asked me out I would have dated them. My girlfriends would make fun of me. They would say to me. You need to find a real man. Asians are nerds and are ugly and don't know anything about sexual pleasure etc.... Heck I didn't even think I could ever get a date with one much less have sex with anyone for that matter. Never even had my first kiss yet. I know...Stop laughing...I heard it all before. All my girlfriends had many boyfriends and kisses and some even sex before high school. But they looks of age, I did not. So The only males that would give me the time of day were little boys and Sexual perverts/child molesting/perverts. So what's a girl to do.

First Love:
I had this tall friend who was a year older than me that was half white (mother) and half Asian. His name was John (and no it really is that). He was 6'7" tall . I was about to his waist. He was very popular with the ladies though. Smart, Confident, classy, tall, dark, but not really gorgeous but very attractive because he had a great personality and a wonderful voice too. Loved the way he walked too. Anyway, He would come to me about the girl of the moment that he would want to date and since I was friends with them there was a lot of "hey what did she say about me" and "can you tell her this for me" kinda stuff. So I did it for me good friend.
I was friends with him for 5 years. 3 of those years he was in the Navy. We would write. He was a good letter writer. Loved hearing of all the exciting places he would go and he sent pictures that would blow me away. He wanted to someday open a photography studio. I also took up photography as a hobby as well.
He would get into relationships that I though were trouble but I guess you have to just find out by trial and error. I wont' go into the details but definitely not good for him. I never told him how I was falling in love with my best male friend because he never was without a girlfriend but loved the bond we had. You know the kind of person you don't even have to say a word to each other to know what the other is thinking. I would go to a place and he would just happen to want to go at the same time. We could finish each others sentences (almost like reading each others thoughts) It was unnerving. None the less I never told him that I was falling for him. I was just happy for our special relationship. It was painful at times to here all the intimate details about his new love but I still was there for him. Then one day I got a letter and he said he was coming stateside from his tour in Hawaii and wanted to know if he could stop in to see me. I said that I am out most of the time but would love to see him again. It had been a while since we actually saw each other.
First Date:
Well I was at the Eye Doctor's job still and In comes this tall guy in his white Navy uniform and I was in the lab working and the girls were shaking with excitement and said Hey Esther! There is this cute looking Navy guy asking for you. Who is he. I said It was a friend. They said wow! He is cute. Let me say first that it was known that I did not have a boyfriend or even a date in my entire life at this point so...If anything that was on two feet and asked for me, they would have tried to get me to go out with him. LOL!! But John did look handsome. But how do you have the hots for someone that is like a brother/sister relationship. I said hi to me friend and started to tell him that I was working and that it was nice seeing him but I only get a half hour lunch. He said that is fine. But my good old boss (who also thought It was time for me to date) opens his mouth and says "take as long a you want" LOL!! Well Off we went and I asked if he ended up running off with the last woman he was so excited about. She was an oversexed 17 year old. Yikes! Talk about sex on the beach...and I don't mean the drink! Holy molly! Anyway apparently she was now stocking him and sending graphic letters and he wanted to know what he should do. So again I advised him. I did not know what he really wanted to know. Yep! Not to perceptive at this point. He was fishing for me to say..."You idiot dump her and date me!" But I couldn't risk losing a friend by "stickin' Foot in Mouth". I sort of did that a long time ago and he said "no we are just pals". So After a couple more dates. We decided to see if we could turn this relationship as best friends into LOVE relationship. It didn't work. Don't know for sure why but one day he just stopped calling. Maybe I still looked too young and maybe wasn't as sexually active for him. Who knows for sure. Wish I got an answer. I did find out recently that he is happily married and has 5 kids now. Still miss my friend. Hope I can find out what happened. So that was some of the real life Asian men I was curious about.
Pain in Love:
Then I left that alone and moved to Oregon. Not to many ethnic anything was there. So mostly dated younger or my same age guys who were white. Married got pregnant on wedding night. He divorced me 4 years later. I was single mother with a 3 year old. Worked at Golds gym. Got hit on by boys again I was in 30's. Sort of started to hate men and did not date for a very long time. My friends would hook me up with some guys but I really did not like any of them. All want to have sex first. I want a friend that shares my desires and dreams. I did marry again. Dummy! He is Caucasian. 12 years younger! We had two kids. He left me and we are now divorced. He want me back but I don't want a man that abandoned his family for some sweet young thing. She was Asian but had manic depression and treated him bad.

]I have not been with a man since he left in 1999. I like that just fine. I am not willing to date now unless he is perfect! So I went out on my quest to find out what I want and to get what I really want instead of getting into a relationship because I was what they wanted. It is time for me to be true to my wants and desires now. I don't mind being single and never get lonely so if I never get my dream lover well ...so be it. But If I do find myself a fine looking, Sweet, Loving, Intelligent, Romantic,Classy, Fun, Asian man. Well , honey, I am more than ready to consider it now Anyone know any good Asian men that wouldn't mind dating an American Latin woman LOL! Only kiddin' I am kinda holding out for Keanu right now but like that will happen, I will just start finding out if there is an Asain Church or group and take it from there. Hee hee. Thanks for the support. I know some here don't like Latin/Asians to mix but I am sorry Be kind to me. I get a lot of hate from my Latin freinds, enough and don't really like hearing it from Asians that much either.

Thanks for listening anyway...So finall thought about the question. I love Asian men who are like Daniel Henney. You can be Japanese, Chinese, Korean, or mixed with White as well. I think it is the culture I like as well. Even though I am latin I feel Chinese inside my soul. Hard to explain it. But it is a lonely world for us Asian loving Latins

1bigLiXufan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant on Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:47 pm

Welcome here and love to hear about you, hope people have not disappeared off here, lol!!
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top