Still getting familiar with korean music.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  mahe78 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:11 pm

So far I like DBSK , Super Junior, The TRAX and the female singer BoA ( she was actually the first singer i liked alot. The first song i heard from her was ID peace B..But it was the japanese version.lol)
avatar
mahe78

Posts : 165
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 39
Location : Illinois. USA

View user profile http://hey-ai.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Admin on Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:27 am

Hey welcome back Razz I like DBSK as well, but not as much as Super Junior Razz I'm obsessing over SuJu right now Razz love them sooo much Razz I'm not into girl singers (the only girl singer I like is Utada Hikaru, but she's Japanese Razz) I have only one song with BoA and that's a colab with Shin Dong from Super Junior Razz it's actually a pretty cool song Razz

what you favorite DBSK song? have you heard "Doshite kimi wo suki ni natte shimattan darou?" that's my favorite DBSK song Smile (at least for now Razz)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  mahe78 on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:27 am

Yeah ive listened to Doushite kimi wo suki ni natte darou ( Why have I fallen in love with you).( its actually japanese)

My favorite song is Triangle it is a collaberation between DBSK, TRAX and BoA. My faves with just DBSK is O, Purple Line and Rising Sun.


Admin wrote:Hey welcome back Razz I like DBSK as well, but not as much as Super Junior Razz I'm obsessing over SuJu right now Razz love them sooo much Razz I'm not into girl singers (the only girl singer I like is Utada Hikaru, but she's Japanese Razz) I have only one song with BoA and that's a colab with Shin Dong from Super Junior Razz it's actually a pretty cool song Razz

what you favorite DBSK song? have you heard "Doshite kimi wo suki ni natte shimattan darou?" that's my favorite DBSK song Smile (at least for now Razz)
avatar
mahe78

Posts : 165
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 39
Location : Illinois. USA

View user profile http://hey-ai.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  LiaGoesRawr? on Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:22 pm

DBSK are cool, I've listened to a few of thier songs.
Heard a few of BoA's work.
I have a question....
Have any of you heard of a Korean actor/model/singer/dancer known as Rain?

LiaGoesRawr?

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-01
Age : 27
Location : Luton, the UK

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxcatsyxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:52 pm

I have Razz hehehe watched some of his movies, and saw the drama Full House, where he is the lead male Smile pretty cool actor, plus he has a few good songs that made him famous Smile And maybe you know that he is in U.S. right now, working on his second Hollywood movie Smile He was scouted by Daddy, I think, thanks to his dancing skills Razz (really talented dancer Razz)

So do you like his music? Seen any of his dramas/movies?

Admin
Admin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  LiaGoesRawr? on Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:33 pm

Admin wrote:I have Razz hehehe watched some of his movies, and saw the drama Full House, where he is the lead male Smile pretty cool actor, plus he has a few good songs that made him famous Smile And maybe you know that he is in U.S. right now, working on his second Hollywood movie Smile He was scouted by Daddy, I think, thanks to his dancing skills Razz (really talented dancer Razz)

So do you like his music? Seen any of his dramas/movies?

Haven't seen any of his movie/drama work unfortunately but I did stumble across two of his music videos.... I couldn't take my eyes off the screen I have to admit xD (sad tango and i'm coming) It really doesn't surprise me that he got scouted, that guy definately has talent.. I do happen to like the singer/dancer combo alot sometimes, if there's equal talent in both areas.

LiaGoesRawr?

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-01
Age : 27
Location : Luton, the UK

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxcatsyxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  mahe78 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 pm

yeppers sure have...sheesh talk about multi talented..im multi talented too ya know...

i can sing terribly dance like a dumbass and act like a retard. tada! get me an agent!


LiaGoesRawr? wrote:DBSK are cool, I've listened to a few of thier songs.
Heard a few of BoA's work.
I have a question....
Have any of you heard of a Korean actor/model/singer/dancer known as Rain?
avatar
mahe78

Posts : 165
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 39
Location : Illinois. USA

View user profile http://hey-ai.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Admin on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:12 pm

mahe78 wrote:yeppers sure have...sheesh talk about multi talented..im multi talented too ya know...

i can sing terribly dance like a dumbass and act like a retard. tada! get me an agent!


LiaGoesRawr? wrote:DBSK are cool, I've listened to a few of thier songs.
Heard a few of BoA's work.
I have a question....
Have any of you heard of a Korean actor/model/singer/dancer known as Rain?


bwahahaha you crack me up everytime Smile)

Admin
Admin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  mahe78 on Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:42 pm

well fuck..im a comedian too! i had no idea.! woohoo...wheres my agent! get me a trailer with a big star on it! and a little dog named frou frou!


Admin wrote:
mahe78 wrote:yeppers sure have...sheesh talk about multi talented..im multi talented too ya know...

i can sing terribly dance like a dumbass and act like a retard. tada! get me an agent!


LiaGoesRawr? wrote:DBSK are cool, I've listened to a few of thier songs.
Heard a few of BoA's work.
I have a question....
Have any of you heard of a Korean actor/model/singer/dancer known as Rain?


bwahahaha you crack me up everytime Smile)
avatar
mahe78

Posts : 165
Join date : 2008-08-13
Age : 39
Location : Illinois. USA

View user profile http://hey-ai.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  LiaGoesRawr? on Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:43 am

lol frou frou xD

mahe78 wrote:well fuck..im a comedian too! i had no idea.! woohoo...wheres my agent! get me a trailer with a big star on it! and a little dog named frou frou!


Admin wrote:
mahe78 wrote:yeppers sure have...sheesh talk about multi talented..im multi talented too ya know...

i can sing terribly dance like a dumbass and act like a retard. tada! get me an agent!


LiaGoesRawr? wrote:DBSK are cool, I've listened to a few of thier songs.
Heard a few of BoA's work.
I have a question....
Have any of you heard of a Korean actor/model/singer/dancer known as Rain?


bwahahaha you crack me up everytime Smile)

LiaGoesRawr?

Posts : 63
Join date : 2008-09-01
Age : 27
Location : Luton, the UK

View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xxcatsyxx

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  viet364 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Rain as in Bi?

I haven't listen to korean music in years after they became more and more like US pop in a sense. Jpop is better in unique-ness and diversity I would say.

However I would say I like Yoo Seung Jun and Uhm Jung Hwa! Last I heard anything from both was around the time Yoo Seung had to serve military time. I think thats the time his 5th album came out. I got his 2nd and 3rd album but neither or Uhm Jung Hwa besides on a mix cd that was sold.

I think Park Ji Yoon is pretty good too! Oh and Drunken Tigers. Those guys got mad skills. One of the better hip hop team in korea but yeah I'm basing this from 6 years ago Very Happy

*edit*

Forgot to mention Kim Hyun Jung. She rocks! Baek Ji Young is pretty kool too but I only heard her first single when she started, "Budam".


Last edited by viet364 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

viet364

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:59 pm

viet364 wrote:Rain as in Bi?

I haven't listen to korean music in years after they became more and more like US pop in a sense. Jpop is better in unique-ness and diversity I would say.

However I would say I like Yoo Seung Jun and Uhm Jung Hwa! Last I heard anything from both was around the time Yoo Seung had to serve military time. I think thats the time his 5th album came out. I got his 2nd and 3rd album but neither or Uhm Jung Hwa besides on a mix cd that was sold.

I think Park Ji Yoon is pretty good too! Oh and Drunken Tigers. Those guys got mad skills. One of the better hip hop team in korea but yeah I'm basing this from 6 years ago Very Happy

Yeah Rain as in Bi Razz Uhm Jung Hwa... sounds familiar... *goes to check her out* Razz Oh I don't know her Razz She's pretty old... Razz I'm surprised you know her... Razz But it says that she is still really popular... hmm that's pretty cool Smile

Admin
Admin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  viet364 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 pm

Yeah I listen to kmusic way back in the late 90s. I got a few cds of one hit wonders Razz Even watched kdrama before it even got popular anywhere in the states. sheesh you guys are far behind the times lol kidding.

H.O.T is pretty good. Don't like them too much because they are made for girls I guess... ah I'm gonna dig up some of my old cds. Do you know if H.O.T. 5th album or later are any good?

viet364

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Admin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:39 pm

viet364 wrote:Yeah I listen to kmusic way back in the late 90s. I got a few cds of one hit wonders Razz Even watched kdrama before it even got popular anywhere in the states. sheesh you guys are far behind the times lol kidding.

H.O.T is pretty good. Don't like them too much because they are made for girls I guess... ah I'm gonna dig up some of my old cds. Do you know if H.O.T. 5th album or later are any good?

I only know a few songs from H.O.T. However I know that KangTa from HOT left the band and went solo. He has a pretty cool album with Vanness Razz But i think the came out with the album last year... they're getting old Razz

I also saw KangTa in a drama called Loveholic Smile It was pretty cool and he looked amazing!~ Razz He has the prettiest jaw line Razz And that's how far my HOT knowledge goes Razz

Admin
Admin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  viet364 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 pm

lol jawline. first time i heard anyone admiring jaw lines hehe

viet364

Posts : 24
Join date : 2008-09-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Admin on Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:30 pm

viet364 wrote:lol jawline. first time i heard anyone admiring jaw lines hehe

hahaha I think that strong jawlines make guys look more manly Razz i like guys who have sharp jawlines and pretty hands Smile perfect mixture between masculinity and femininity Razz (strong but gentle Smile )

Admin
Admin

Posts : 305
Join date : 2008-08-12

View user profile http://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  brittybee on Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Wah! Korean music is awesome! And, actually, I love quite a few of the artists that ya'll mentioned.
I first became interested in Korean music when I saw "Scandal" from Kangta and Vanness Wu. Lucky for me, youtube just so happened to list some DBSK songs in my recommended videos section and I totally fell in love with them.
After DBSK, I found Taeyang from Big Bang, and then I became obsessed with Big Bang(still am...^^).
I also really like Suju, Drunken Tiger, Dynamic Duo, Hyori, SNSD, 2ne1, 2PM, Se7en, Bi, Nell, No Brain, Red Roc, Nemo, Gummy, 1TYM, MC Mong, Lexy, Eun Ji Won, and so many more. =^_^=
avatar
brittybee

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-08-06
Age : 28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  sapphire on Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:33 am

My favorite bands are Super Junior and Girl's Generation. I usually like pairing them up too xD

Some other bands i like are SHINee, 2PM, 2AM, BEAST, U-Kiss, & INFINITE

sapphire

Posts : 3
Join date : 2010-08-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still getting familiar with korean music.

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum