IAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did you know?

2 posters

Go down

Did you know? Empty Did you know?

Post  Thomas Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:53 pm

Vietnam is the world's leading exporter of cashews and second largest exporter of rice and coffee.

Vietnam has 54 different ethnic groups. The largest group (Kinh) makes up about 88% of the total population.

The currency of Vietnam is called the "dong".

Nguyen is the most popular surname in Vietnam.

English is the second most popular language in Vietnam.

According to legend, Vietnamese are decended from the king of the underwater kingdom and a fairy from the mountain highlands.

It's considered respectful to avoid eye contact when talking to a Vietnamese senior.

The Vietnamese new year is called "Tet". It's a Lunar new year celebrated at around February 17th, one day ahead of the Chinese new year.

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Did you know? Empty Re: Did you know?

Post  joseph Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm

TDoubled:D wrote:Vietnam is the world's leading exporter of cashews and second largest exporter of rice and coffee.

Vietnam has 54 different ethnic groups. The largest group (Kinh) makes up about 88% of the total population.

According to legend, Vietnamese are decended from the king of the underwater kingdom and a fairy from the mountain highlands.

It's considered respectful to avoid eye contact when talking to a Vietnamese senior.

The Vietnamese new year is called "Tet". It's a Lunar new year celebrated at around February 17th, one day ahead of the Chinese new year.

Yes, the most common name is Nguyen! I heard that people changed their name to Nguyen because they wanted to have the favours of the emperors, right? It seems to me that many of the Vietnamese population say that they have royal blood, because the emperors had many concubines, therefore leading to many people in the population to have royal blood. So, Lake, do you have royal blood?? lol!

joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:08 pm

joseph wrote:
TDoubled:D wrote:Vietnam is the world's leading exporter of cashews and second largest exporter of rice and coffee.

Yes, the most common name is Nguyen! I heard that people changed their name to Nguyen because they wanted to have the favours of the emperors, right? It seems to me that many of the Vietnamese population say that they have royal blood, because the emperors had many concubines, therefore leading to many people in the population to have royal blood. So, Lake, do you have royal blood?? lol!

Yeah, that could be true. I don't know about having royal blood. My parents never told me much about our family history. Not that it matters anyway because Vietnam doesn't have emperors anymore... lol!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  joseph Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:39 pm

TDoubled:D wrote:
joseph wrote:

Yeah, that could be true. I don't know about having royal blood. My parents never told me much about our family history. Not that it matters anyway because Vietnam doesn't have emperors anymore... lol!

So, I was right, then! We will try to look for the grand children of Bao Dai, so that we put them as Emperor again. So, prepare yourself to have a genetic test, Lake...maybe you will soon live in a palace in Vietnam! lol!

joseph

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:38 pm

joseph wrote:
So, I was right, then! We will try to look for the grand children of Bao Dai, so that we put them as Emperor again. So, prepare yourself to have a genetic test, Lake...maybe you will soon live in a palace in Vietnam!

lol....haha:D lol!

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum