IAG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anime and manga...addicted..

+2
Admin
mahe78
6 posters

IAG :: Japan :: Japan :: Anime/Manga

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

anime and manga...addicted.. Empty anime and manga...addicted..

Post  mahe78 Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:30 pm

i admit it! im addicted to them! lol ( hangs head in shame...but secretly smiling like an idiot on the inside)
mahe78
mahe78

http://hey-ai.com

Back to top Go down

anime and manga...addicted.. Empty Re: anime and manga...addicted..

Post  Admin Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:00 pm

no way! hehehe I used to be addicted to anime... now I'm addicted to drama Razz but i watch anime once in a while Smile i think I saw all the good ones so now I don't have what to watch anymore... if you have any suggestions tell me, and I'll try watching the anime if I haven't seen it already Razz

Manga... I don't like it very much Razz It took me forever to get how a person reads a manga Razz ahh so hard Razz so because of the experience - I was really frustrated, gosh... Razz - i don't read manga at all Razz I wait for the anime to come out and then watch it Smile

Admin
Admin

https://iasiang.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

anime and manga...addicted.. Empty Manga

Post  mahe78 Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Manga was very easy for me to figure out..

you wanna know when you read manga too much?

when you read american comics and cannot figure out why they dont make sense because you are reading them backwards. lol

also the thing with anime..is that the series sometimes ends too early so you have to read the manga to know what really really happens at the end...like take Inuyasha...that last episode was not the end.. Im currently reading the manga online once in a while ( along with like 6 or 7 other mangas) too see how it really ends.

anyhow...you may find more stuff you like on http://animekiosk.com you can watch anime for free online..you only have to make an account..but its totally free.

Last edited by mahe78 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i edit because im a dummy.)
mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:16 pm

"you wanna know when you read manga too much?

when you read american comics and cannot figure out why they dont make sense because you are reading them backwards. lol"

hahaha that made me laugh Smile) so funny Smile) i'm in a good mood today Razz lol maybe i should go read some manga online as well Smile and yeah i'll check out the site Smile
so inuyasha manga is out?... hmm i liked the anime, maybe i should read the manga and see what happens next... i'm sick of waiting for the anime to come out!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:56 pm

I just finished reading the Inuyasha Manga yesterday online... you would not believe how much was left after the anime went off! a whole lot!

Admin wrote:"you wanna know when you read manga too much?

when you read american comics and cannot figure out why they dont make sense because you are reading them backwards. lol"

hahaha that made me laugh Smile) so funny Smile) i'm in a good mood today Razz lol maybe i should go read some manga online as well Smile and yeah i'll check out the site Smile
so inuyasha manga is out?... hmm i liked the anime, maybe i should read the manga and see what happens next... i'm sick of waiting for the anime to come out!
mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:48 pm

Hwere can you read online?

I must admit to liking anime, but I now prefer Drama comedy.
katdgrant
katdgrant

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626876671

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:11 am

I havent watched a whole lot of asian drama...ok..i really havent watched any...unless you count Shanghai Kiss. but I have a Chinese horror called 49 days...that i havent watched yet. but im like that with all the DVDs i get...i buy them and it takes me forever to actually watch them lol

oh and i have also watched the original version of The Ring. Ringu. Which i thought was really good.

Where I live there is a place called Hollywood video..and it has alot of foreign movies. but to be a member you have to have a credit card! no fair! There are a few videos I would love to see! ( cue stomping foot like spoiled child) lol

oh as for where you can read manga online...I go to either..onemanga.com or tokyopop.com

katdgrant wrote:Hwere can you read online?

mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:55 pm

mahe78 wrote:I havent watched a whole lot of asian drama...ok..i really havent watched any...unless you count Shanghai Kiss. but I have a Chinese horror called 49 days...that i havent watched yet. but im like that with all the DVDs i get...i buy them and it takes me forever to actually watch them lol

oh and i have also watched the original version of The Ring. Ringu. Which i thought was really good.

Where I live there is a place called Hollywood video..and it has alot of foreign movies. but to be a member you have to have a credit card! no fair! There are a few videos I would love to see! ( cue stomping foot like spoiled child) lol

oh as for where you can read manga online...I go to either..onemanga.com or tokyopop.com

Thanks, I watch TV shows mainly. Difinable watch a least Goong!! My favorite of them!! You can also find lots of movies on the site as well, and any style, I was watching a horror Apartment 1303 ((guess that too was a remake from a asian movie)).

http://www.onlinedrama.net/1342.vid
katdgrant
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:47 am

thanks..will do!

katdgrant wrote:
mahe78 wrote:I havent watched a whole lot of asian drama...ok..i really havent watched any...unless you count Shanghai Kiss. but I have a Chinese horror called 49 days...that i havent watched yet. but im like that with all the DVDs i get...i buy them and it takes me forever to actually watch them lol

Thanks, I watch TV shows mainly. Difinable watch a least Goong!! My favorite of them!! You can also find lots of movies on the site as well, and any style, I was watching a horror Apartment 1303 ((guess that too was a remake from a asian movie)).

http://www.onlinedrama.net/1342.vid
mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 pm

I love it as it is silly but romantic with a bit of drama!! I swear I am like CG!! LOL!!
katdgrant
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:49 am

I used to like cartoons but not anymore. Laughing

I can still watch it but it's not the same as watching it when I was 12-15. clown

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:56 am

I used to watch Pokemon... sunny

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  katdgrant Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:43 pm

I can only watch anime sparingly, I love InuYasha and others like Sailor Moon but I prefer the PGSM live action Sailor Moon!!
katdgrant
katdgrant

Back to top Go down

Post  LiaGoesRawr? Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:55 am

I have a fair amount of anime & manga, but I don't really watch/read it that much anymore.

I do still watch Naruto though and keep up with the manga.
Other than that I used to watch Beyblade(rumours of a 4th season are around :O), Sailor moon, Card Captor Sakura, Tokyo Mew Mew, DNAngel, Shaman king (I still re watch this series alot xD), paradise kiss, black cat, dragon ball and yu-gi-oh.

Manga that I'm kind of reading/collecting atm: Paradise kiss, yu-gi-oh, dragon ball, demon diary, vampire game, princess ai, tokyo mew mew, chobits, pita ten and alchino :]

I still watch pokemon occasionally... >_> <_< >_>
Still play the games alot though xD

LiaGoesRawr?

http://www.myspace.com/xxcatsyxx

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:15 pm

Oh my golly gosh..I watched 49 days...and another movie called The Circle ( both are chinese movies) both were freaky and left me at the end going...WTF....

but i loved them! I love movies like that...complete mind f*cks! That is what is so cool about asian thrillers.... they really dont have to be all gory to freak you out!

heck some freak you out so badly ur sitting there rocking with the cover over ur head saying..." they will not get me...they will not get me!"

( but i love my zombie movies too)

mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:43 pm

The only manga I actually own is what i have in the shonen jump and shojo beat and Otaku USA mags. Any other manga I read are online.

Here is a list of what i read

Naruto, Bleach, One Peice, YuYu Hakusho, Bobobo-bo bo- bo ( or however it is) Slam Dunk ( Yugioh GX is in shonen jump..but i dont read it...coz i really dont like it..I did however like the original YugiOh)
Also Vampire Knight,( i have actually read VK further along online..but still read it in shojobeat just for the hell of it) Sand Chronicles, Honey and Clover, Haruka Beyond the stream of time, Honey Hunt ( new series in Shojo beat)..I just finished Gaba Kawa. Crimson Hero,

online i read, Addicted to curry, Air, Akuma to love song, Angel Sanctuary, Beauty Pop, Perfect Girl Evolution, And Vampre Knight ( as i said above)

Ive also read much shorter series of Manga..but i wont get into all those.

as far as anime..i watch Bleach, Code Geass, Shin Chan, Moribito, Death note, Blood plus, Aishiteruze baby, The Wallflower ( Perfect girl Evolution is the Manga to that) Cowboy bebop, Vampire Knight, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Gurren Lagann and Now and Then Here and There..PLus some others...
as far as owning any anime...i have the second Inuyasha movie, Fruits Basket, I My Me strawberry eggs, Azumanga Diaoh, my neighbor totoro, castle in the sky and goldenboy

ok thats enough...i have watched more and have read more...but really...i cant remember everything. I is a very busy little ( ha little my ass) japanophile....

actually im becoming more of an asianophile in itself...im getting even more interested in other asian cultures...I have totally fallen in love with korean music, I think chinese music is lovely..and very interesting, cambodian music is lovely...seriously..you should hear it...Thai music is great too..

I still havent listened to a whole lot of of different asian music...

but next on my list is...Vietnamese music!

But Japanese is the easiest for me to sing with since i have listened to it most...the next easiest is Korean...Im rusty on it...but the pronounciation is coming along. Razz

LiaGoesRawr? wrote:I have a fair amount of anime & manga, but I don't really watch/read it that much anymore.

Other than that I used to watch Beyblade(rumours of a 4th season are around :O), Sailor moon, Card Captor Sakura, Tokyo Mew Mew, DNAngel, Shaman king (I still re watch this series alot xD), paradise kiss, black cat, dragon ball and yu-gi-oh.

Manga that I'm kind of reading/collecting atm: Paradise kiss, yu-gi-oh, dragon ball, demon diary, vampire game, princess ai, tokyo mew mew, chobits, pita ten and alchino :]

mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  LiaGoesRawr? Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:58 pm

Ah cool, we only get NEO magazine here, which sucks.
I've had my manga for a while :]
I prefer the yu-gi-oh original aswell, GX actually gives me nightmares lol
Did you ever see season 0 of YGO?
Movies I have: Card captor Sakura (the first movie I think), Final Fantasy advent children,Vampire hunter D: Blood lust and Spirited away.
Lol I can understand the not remembering thing, I had to go check my shelves xD

I do listen to some Thai, Chinese & Korean music.
And thanks to Lakers some Vietmanese stuff aswell :]
Cambodian sounds pretty interesting.
Yeah I get you with Japanese being easier to sing along with..

mahe78 wrote:The only manga I actually own is what i have in the shonen jump and shojo beat and Otaku USA mags. Any other manga I read are online.

Naruto, Bleach, One Peice, YuYu Hakusho, Bobobo-bo bo- bo ( or however it is) Slam Dunk ( Yugioh GX is in shonen jump..but i dont read it...coz i really dont like it..I did however like the original YugiOh)
Also Vampire Knight,( i have actually read VK further along online..but still read it in shojobeat just for the hell of it) Sand Chronicles, Honey and Clover, Haruka Beyond the stream of time, Honey Hunt ( new series in Shojo beat)..I just finished Gaba Kawa. Crimson Hero,

online i read, Addicted to curry, Air, Akuma to love song, Angel Sanctuary, Beauty Pop, Perfect Girl Evolution, And Vampre Knight ( as i said above)

as far as anime..i watch Bleach, Code Geass, Shin Chan, Moribito, Death note, Blood plus, Aishiteruze baby, The Wallflower ( Perfect girl Evolution is the Manga to that) Cowboy bebop, Vampire Knight, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Gurren Lagann and Now and Then Here and There..PLus some others...
as far as owning any anime...i have the second Inuyasha movie, Fruits Basket, I My Me strawberry eggs, Azumanga Diaoh, my neighbor totoro, castle in the sky and goldenboy

ok thats enough...i have watched more and have read more...but really...i cant remember everything. I is a very busy little ( ha little my ass) japanophile....

actually im becoming more of an asianophile in itself...im getting even more interested in other asian cultures...I have totally fallen in love with korean music, I think chinese music is lovely..and very interesting, cambodian music is lovely...seriously..you should hear it...Thai music is great too..

But Japanese is the easiest for me to sing with since i have listened to it most...the next easiest is Korean...Im rusty on it...but the pronounciation is coming along. Razz

LiaGoesRawr? wrote:I have a fair amount of anime & manga, but I don't really watch/read it that much anymore.

LiaGoesRawr?

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:10 pm

I'm actually studying Japanese but I find singing along really hard... i can only sing along if i read the lyrics before... I find Korean music easier to sing along to Razz but i guess that's because i've been listening to Korean music a lot more than Japanese Smile As you guys know my favorite Japanese singer is Utada Hikaru Smile I tried listening to other stuff as well, but i can't really get into them... Japanese music is not one of my favorite things... Japanese drama is though Razz Right now I'm watching this drama called "seigi no mikata" i'm really enjoying it Smile

I don't read manga at all and I don't watch anime anymore (i think I've watched it too much Razz)... last weekend there was an anime convention here in Portland, Oregon Smile did any of you guys ever go to one of these conventions?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Thomas Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:12 pm

Vietnamese is actually a very easy language to learn. Spelling is not a problem. There are just a few spelling patterns that u can memorized easily and I then u can pretty much spell every word of the language with ease. Not like English, which is really hard because there are so many different patterns and even more than one way to spell a word. In Vietnamese, every word is spelled the same way, it's a piece of cake if u wanna learn how to spell Vietnamese. It's also very easy to speak too because every word is pronounced the same way. Again, not like English where a word can have more than one tone.

that's all for now.... Laughing Laughing

Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post  LiaGoesRawr? Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:58 am

Cool, I'm kind of teaching myself Japanese atm very slowly though xD
I tend to learn by ear really easily, so I guess thats probably why singing along isn't a problem if I listen to the song enough times xD
I find it easier to learn if I read the lyrics before in some cases.

Yeah if you listen to a certian language of music for a long time, you'll find it easier to sing with.
Hikki does have a beautiful voice :]

I don't think I've watched any drama yet.

Yeah we have conventions over here Very Happy
We have London MCM(Movies comics and media) expo which features alot of asian stuff, mainly japanese & anime/manga related. And there's always cosplayers xD
I've been twice before (It's held for two days in May and in October) and I'll be going this October aswell. xD

Admin wrote:I'm actually studying Japanese but I find singing along really hard... i can only sing along if i read the lyrics before... I find Korean music easier to sing along to Razz but i guess that's because i've been listening to Korean music a lot more than Japanese Smile As you guys know my favorite Japanese singer is Utada Hikaru Smile I tried listening to other stuff as well, but i can't really get into them... Japanese music is not one of my favorite things... Japanese drama is though Razz Right now I'm watching this drama called "seigi no mikata" i'm really enjoying it Smile

I don't read manga at all and I don't watch anime anymore (i think I've watched it too much Razz)... last weekend there was an anime convention here in Portland, Oregon Smile did any of you guys ever go to one of these conventions?

LiaGoesRawr?

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Oh i forgot..I have Vampire hunter D blood lust too..but it is on VHS...i probably have a few on VHS i dont remember...because i dont have a vcr anymore...lol. I need to switch my tapes over to dvds when i get the chance...

There was another mag i read called Newtype...but its no longer published..in its place is a magazine called Piq....its boring...actually..i dont know if it is still made because the last few times i looked it wasnt at the place i buy my manga mags.

LiaGoesRawr? wrote:Ah cool, we only get NEO magazine here, which sucks.
I've had my manga for a while :]
I prefer the yu-gi-oh original aswell, GX actually gives me nightmares lol
Did you ever see season 0 of YGO?
Movies I have: Card captor Sakura (the first movie I think), Final Fantasy advent children,Vampire hunter D: Blood lust and Spirited away.
Lol I can understand the not remembering thing, I had to go check my shelves xD

I do listen to some Thai, Chinese & Korean music.
And thanks to Lakers some Vietmanese stuff aswell :]
Cambodian sounds pretty interesting.
Yeah I get you with Japanese being easier to sing along with..

mahe78 wrote:The only manga I actually own is what i have in the shonen jump and shojo beat and Otaku USA mags. Any other manga I read are online.

mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:27 pm

I was looking through a cell phone instruction manual and one of the languages was vietnamese...I was very suprised they were actual letters! I was thinking..hmm maybe i can learn this too! but right now..im slowly learning japanese...Though I have no idea really what i am saying it is still the easiest asian language for me to pronounce. I have been only been really listening to japanese music for a few years...i listened to it before that..but not as much as i do now. It got to the point that the american music i listened too was getting crappier and crappier and before i knew it..I wasnt listening to it at all hardly...and now...when i hear it..I claim my ears are bleeding from that awfulness of it!

TDoubled:D wrote:Vietnamese is actually a very easy language to learn. Spelling is not a problem. There are just a few spelling patterns that u can memorized easily and I then u can pretty much spell every word of the language with ease. Not like English, which is really hard because there are so many different patterns and even more than one way to spell a word. In Vietnamese, every word is spelled the same way, it's a piece of cake if u wanna learn how to spell Vietnamese. It's also very easy to speak too because every word is pronounced the same way. Again, not like English where a word can have more than one tone.

that's all for now.... Laughing Laughing
mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Ive only been listening to korean music for a little bit...but Im actually finding pretty easy to pronounce...almost as easy as japanese. Once i learn the nuances of how a language is pronounced and study how the words look a bit..i can pick up on how to say it pretty easily. I also sing along to some other non asian languages such as russian , latin and italian....( but still...i need to look up the english lyrics to know what i am saying) but its getting to the point with japanese i can pretty much figure out what is being said. and usually im pretty right. Razz

( and like you...right now with korean i need the lyrics first!.)

Admin wrote:I'm actually studying Japanese but I find singing along really hard... i can only sing along if i read the lyrics before... I find Korean music easier to sing along to Razz but i guess that's because i've been listening to Korean music a lot more than Japanese Smile As you guys know my favorite Japanese singer is Utada Hikaru Smile I tried listening to other stuff as well, but i can't really get into them... Japanese music is not one of my favorite things... Japanese drama is though Razz Right now I'm watching this drama called "seigi no mikata" i'm really enjoying it Smile

mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  mahe78 Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:37 pm

I think there are conventions here in illinois...in chicago ( which is in the complete opposite direction of where i live. which is actually right next to st louis missouri..basically you drive over a bridge and you are in MO.)

I would love to go to a convention...but I never have the money when one comes around..I suppose I could save..but something would probably come up before that and i would have to use that money..lol.

LiaGoesRawr? wrote:Cool, I'm kind of teaching myself Japanese atm very slowly though xD
I tend to learn by ear really easily, so I guess thats probably why singing along isn't a problem if I listen to the song enough times xD
I find it easier to learn if I read the lyrics before in some cases.

Yeah if you listen to a certian language of music for a long time, you'll find it easier to sing with.
Hikki does have a beautiful voice :]

I don't think I've watched any drama yet.

Yeah we have conventions over here Very Happy
We have London MCM(Movies comics and media) expo which features alot of asian stuff, mainly japanese & anime/manga related. And there's always cosplayers xD
I've been twice before (It's held for two days in May and in October) and I'll be going this October aswell. xD

mahe78
mahe78

Back to top Go down

Post  viet364 Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:24 pm

I like anime drama/comedy/slice of life stuff. naruto only during action parts or just the manga.

viet364

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

IAG :: Japan :: Japan :: Anime/Manga

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum